Come stay with me at my 130sq/m inner-city, eco-friendly, character apartment! Best of all, it's walking distance to all the fabulousness on offer in Wellington.
My place is spacious, with high ceilings, lots of sun and light, and style and charm (well I think so anyway, and my guests rave about the interiors. Yay!)
THREE THINGS THAT PEOPLE LOVE ABOUT MY HOME ARE:
- The location! Te Aro is the heart and soul of Wellington city and is walking distance from everything great in Wellington. This is a funky, vibrant neighbourhood with cafes, boutiques, cool laneways and restaurants almost everywhere you turn.
- My personalised guidebook (both digital and printed) gives you all the info you need about the apartment and all the best stuff to do in Wellington, so you can live like a local.
- The ease of living in a Marie Kondo'd home! I'm NZ's only certified KonMari Consultant, so both I and my guests get to experience the relaxation that comes from an organised space.
TWO THINGS THAT PEOPLE SOMETIMES WISH WERE DIFFERENT:
- Because it's an inner-city apartment, unavoidable noise does happen - sometimes from outside, but mostly from the apartment upstairs (creaky floorboards!). Fortunately, most of the time it's peaceful and visitors often describe my place as an oasis in the middle of the city. For when it gets noisy, I provide earplugs and SleepPhones (clever flat headphones so you can listen to music/meditation/whatever - even if you're a side-sleeper). And hey, at least you know you're in the heart of the action! Also, some of the outside noise is lovely birdsong :)
- Old building, which means space and character, but also... old building quirks. Maybe twice a week the water pressure will get very low - but it always comes right within about 30 seconds.
- Comfy, sunny, medium-sized, with plenty of space for your belongings.
- The bed is a brand-new comfy queen-size bed (medium firmness), topped with organic cotton sheets and all-natural-fibre duvet & duvet inner.
- Extra duvets and blankets. And a bunch of pillows to choose from (firm and soft, wool, latex, feather and down). Plus an electric blanket for extra cosiness in the colder months.
- There's a small desk area. And if you want to spread out, help yourself to the dining table.
- Various items to help you feel at home, including bathrobes, hairdryer, plug adaptor, eye masks, luggage rack, heater (which makes the room toasty warm in about 10 minutes).
- Lots of books and magazines about Wellington and NZ - mostly travel, with a bit of local history.
THE REST OF THE APARTMENT
You're only sharing with one other person (me!), so there's plenty of room for you to make yourself at home.
- The shared bathroom has a 3/4-length bath and separate shower. Plus complimentary Ecostore toiletries and soft and fluffy organic cotton towels.
- The wide hallway contains lots of books (including a curated selection of 'quick reads' for no-commitment reading), board games, and even a petanque set you can take to the nearby petanque court.
- Full laundry, which you can use for free. It includes a washer, dryer, laundry tub, clothes line, iron and ironing board.
- Dining area - relax with a drink or a meal (make your own, or get takeout from one of the gazillion local food places). Or use the space to get some work or travel research done.
- Fully equipped kitchen for you to cook in. Just please leave it as you found it. It includes everything you need to cook a fabulous meal, including oven, microwave, dishwasher, waste disposal, utensils galore, Vitamix blender, Samson auger juicer, toaster (two actually - one for gluten-free bread, one for normal bread), soda stream, tea and coffee station (french press, complimentary coffee and a huge selection of teas), some complimentary food items (olive oil, cereal, milk, spices, salt, pepper) etc.
- Chill out in the spacious living room. Curl up on the velvet sofa and read one of the many books or magazines, or simply laze in the sunlight. The TV comes with Netflix, Chromecast and a DVD player and DVD collection.
- Ultra-fast fibre wifi.
The apartment's in Te Aro, inner-city Wellington. It's really the perfect location from which to explore Wellington. The nearest restaurant is right next door, and then just keep walking and you’ll be tripping over cafes, restaurants and bars, not to mention the gorgeous boutiques and laneways popping up all over the place.
- 5-minute walk to Courtenay Place - where Wellington packs in so many of its bars and restaurants.
- 8-minute walk to Te Papa national museum, and also wonderful Cuba Street - Welly's home of alternative boutiques, cafes, bars and night markets.
- 10-minute walk to the town belt at Mt Victoria - a magnificent urban park with walking and mountain biking trails, Lord of the Rings shoot locations, and a wonderful lookout giving the best views of the city.
- 10-minute walk to the gorgeous waterfront (an absolute must-see)
- 15-minute walk to Oriental Bay beach
- 15-minute walk to Wellington Hospital
- 20-minute walk to Lambton Quay.
- Tired of walking? Hop on a bus - they go right past the building and take you down Wellington's 'Golden Mile'.
- Grocery shopping couldn't be easier. Just round the corner is Wellington’s beloved specialty food store, Moore Wilson’s. It's 5 minutes' walk to Commonsense Organics, Welly's biggest and best organic store. Next door to that is a large supermarket, and the Sunday farmers’ market on the waterfront.
- Coffee mecca! Wellington is famous for its coffee, and coffee shops are simply everywhere. The iconic Caffe L’Affare is just around the corner, and the simply gorgeous Havana Coffee Works and Prefab are just a couple of short blocks away.
Wellington, Νέα Ζηλανδία