If booking for Texas Tech Graduation and need more days just ask. We will see if we can accommodate you!
Our home sits in a peaceful, safe neighborhood. Romantic Western is the term we use to describe our decor. Enjoy comfy beds adorned with premium sheets plus soft and firm pillows. Local eateries and a grocery store are within walking distance. Texas Tech is less than a ten minute drive.
Two night minimum booking. Our home's exterior is traditional in style with the interior decor best being described as traditional/western. We have 4 bedrooms 3 baths.
When staying at our home we hope our guests feel very warm and welcome. They have access to a washer and dryer, the kitchen and on warm days a very nice patio area to relax. Please, fell free to cook in our kitchen. There is a grocery store within walking distance to buy what ever you like(URL HIDDEN) We live in a very quiet and safe neighborhood with many restaurants and shops within walking distance.
A few of the attractions our city has to offer are the Buddy Holly Center, Moody's Planetarium, The Ranching and Heritage Center, the Cactus Theater, Stars and Stripes Drive-In Theater, Prairie Dog Town and several award wining wineries.
Public transit is available 3 blocks from our house.
Please, check out our guidebook for locations and other attractions in our fair city.
Guests have full access to our whole house.
Αλληλεπίδραση με τους επισκέπτες
We are a text or phone call away.
Άλλα στοιχεία προς σημείωση
There is a 2 night minimum for this listing. This is our home, not a hotel. Please, be gentle with our things.
Two Night Minimum Stay.
IN GENERAL: Please respect our home and our neighbors. This is not a place to throw a loud party. Please leave the place like you found it, clean. Thank you!
1. Leave the space as you found it.
2. Noise: I live in a great community. Our neighbors understand that your group is here to have a good time. At the same time, your respect for them and their home is very important. Please keep loud noise on the property to a minimum. Neighbor complaints may result in fines taken from your deposit. Please refrain from loud music and talking/yelling outside the home, especially at late or early hours. Please inquire with Homeowner for more specific noise guidelines if you have any questions.
CITY NOISE RESTRICTIONS
•“A person may not make noise or play a musical instrument audible to an adjacent business or residence between 10:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m."
•“A person may not use sound equipment that produces sound audible beyond the property line of a residence in a residential area between 10:00pm and 10:00am."
•“A person may not use sound equipment audible beyond the property line of a residence in a residential area that produces sound in excess of 75 decibels."
3. LAUNDRY: Only use the beds, sleeping spaces, sheets, blankets, pillows, TOWELS, etc. that you need during you stay. Leave all non-used items such as this as they were at check-in. THIS SAVES TIME AND IT HELPS ENSURE EFFICIENT TURNOVER FOR THE NEXT GUESTS; AND IT SAVES THE ENVIRONMENT! Leave used towels in the bathtub(s). If you use a sleeping space, please leave it un-made, so that we know it needs to be turned over. Leave all bedding/blankets/pillows out on the respective sleeping surfaces or piled nicely in one area of the house. Do not refold/remake these items, as they may be mistakenly perceived not to have been used. We will take care of that!
NOTE: Please only use towel and linens needed (This typically means 1 bath towel per person if not a long stay). Please leave all bedding out on the respective sleeping spaces or piled nicely in one area in the home. Do not attempt to remake or clean these items. We will personally take care of that and it is best that items used are not folded/re-made as they may be mistakenly thought not to have been used.
4. Thermostat: While we want you and your party to be very comfortable during your stay, we would also like to keep our electricity bill reasonable. Do not turn down thermostat below 70 degrees Fahrenheit (cool) or above 78 degrees Fahrenheit (heat). DURING HOTTER TEMPERATURES, PLEASE TURN THERMOSTAT UP TO 78 DURING THE DAY WHEN NOT AT THE PROPERTY.
5. Smoking is allowed outside only. All butts/ashes/other remnants must be removed or trashed appropriately by Guest before check out. Collect butts in a disposable receptacle (ex: solo cup) and discard in sealed trash as described below. NEVER THROW YOUR BUTTS ON THE GROUND. IT IS A FIRE HAZARD. Failure to comply with this result could result in a $300 fine.
6. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Fresh linens and bath towels are included. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property. Please leave all used towels in the bathtub(s) before departure. Please leave all linens on their respective sleeping spaces.
7. Empty all trashcans. All garbage must be bagged and placed in the garbage collection receptacle/dumpster located in the alley behind the house.
8. NO beverages other than water are allowed in the bedrooms. You will be charged a fine of $200 or more if beverage stains have to be removed from bedding or carpet. NO FOOD IN BEDROOMS.
9. Dishes: Please wash all dishes used and place clean dishes back in their respective drawer/cupboard/area.
10. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
11. Host is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
12. Decorations: The home may be decorated, but items may only be posted to the wall with BLUE PAINTERS TAPE. Pushpins and other types of tape will damage the paint and the drywall in the home.
13. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
14. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
15. Pets are not permitted in lieu of allergens that could cause future guests discomfort. If it is found a pet has been at the house, you will be fined $200.
16. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the sewer system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.
17. On departure please close and lock all windows and doors.
18. Report any problems with the property to Host as soon as noticed by calling the contact number provided.
19. No refunds will be given for storms. We do not refund due to road conditions.
20. Illegal substances are prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction.
21. House parties or organized social events are strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction.
22. Lock all doors and windows when you leave the property to keep your personal items safe. Do not leave valuables in vehicle.
23. Host is not liable or responsible for personal items left behind, lost or stolen. If you leave an item after checking out and wish to have it returned, call Homeowner as soon as possible and, if found, arrangements for shipment will be made. Any shipping cost will be deducted from Deposit to cover the expense.
24. A lien may not be placed on the property.
25. Subsequent leases/subleases/rentals by Guest during the Term of the Rental without Homeowner's written consent is prohibited.
26. Guest is not to enter onto the roof.
28. Removal of household items is a serious infringement of your rental agreement. Any items removed form the home will result in fines outlined in the agreement on top of replacement costs.
***Furnishings and amenities will be furnished as described whenever possible. In the event that an item is damaged/broken/lost the owner will restock as soon as possible. All items in description/pictures are not guaranteed.
30. The person who holds the reservation assumes sole responsibility for the other guests included in their reservation and their adherence to the House Rules.
***I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY AT DESERT SANDS AND RETURN AGAIN SOON! PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING WE CAN DO OR RECOMMEND TO MAKE YOUR STAY IN LUBBOCK MORE ENJOYABLE!
…AND PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS!
Liability Waiver: If you decide to stay here, you assume responsibility for yourself and your guests for personal injury and property loss/damage. You agree to indemnify/hold harmless the owner from any loss, liability, damage or cost incurred by you or your guests related to your stay at this home. By agreeing to stay here, you are giving up any rights to bring a legal action or assert a claim against the owner.
Booking on AirBnB can sometimes be scary, please allow us to introduce you to true AirBnB hospitality! About 90% of our guests are first-time AirBnB users and we consider it our business to make your experience one in which you would prefer no other way of traveling!
As we are dedicated to our guests and their comfort we have been awarded by AirBnB the distinction of being Lubbock's very first SuperHost! We are very humbled and yet proud of this award as it comes with great responsibility to make your stay with us an exceptional one.
Born and raised in West Texas. I am an entrepreneur , decorative painter, singer, homemaker and designer. My husband is a former cotton farmer and competes in calf roping events, enjoys playing golf, plays guitar, is a Realtor by trade and now the Rodeo Coach at Texas Tech University. I love gardening and cooking. The smell of wet dirt makes me happy. I grew up making mud pies, paper snowflakes and lots of stuff out of clay. I am very artsy. Our newest adventure together is scuba diving!
The past two years of hosting people in our home via AirBnB has been such a joy and adventure. We have had the privilege of meeting so many people from all walks of life and from around the world.
Needless to say we trust you are the next one!