Attention: right now we are in Europe, so please consider not to email us from midnight to 09.00 a.m. European time, except in case of emergency.
If you do so, the SMS from airbnb will disturb our night´s rest... :-(
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation :-)
Welcome to our cozy "hideaway" in Bangkok!
We designed the details of the apartment with love for ourselfs. It is a fully functional and equipped flat with many personal things and decorations of ourselfs. All the interior design and furniture are handmade of teakwood upon our request by local carpenters. This alone makes the difference to most of the "ready-made" flats here in Bangkok. By choosing warm materials and colours, we suceeded in creating an atmospere of coziness and well feeling. But please: this is Thailand - don't expect the perfection of your homeland! Minor failings are used to be smiled away here....
Annother advantage is the location: although just a few kilometers away from the two main business districts Silom- and Sukhumvit-Road, you are far away from what Bangkok is infamous for: traffic noise, traffic jams and air pollution! Enjoy the view over the majestic Chao Praya River until "Bang Krachao", a 1.891 hectar aera of forest within the vast oxbow of the river. This "green lung" of Bangkok provides you constantly a fresh breeze of clean air (which is a rare good in this city!).
The latest Mass-Transport-System, the BRT (rapid bus with a separate line and frequent schedule) stopps directly in front of our building ( “WAT DAN” -Station), which connects you to both of the other 2 major transportation-systems Skytrain (BTS) and Underground (MRT).
• Free high speed internet wifi in the apartment
• 1 bed/ 1toilette/1 shower/ 1 big bathtub for 2 persons/ 1balcony
• 1 sofa, wich can be used as a guestbed (attention: we designed our flat "open", which means there are no walls between masterbedroom and the livingroom (= no privacy for a third party!)
• Area: 80 SQM. 18th floor with fantastic riverview
• Air conditioner in the bedroom + livingroom (since 2015)
• Fans in the sleeping- and living-room
• Bedlinen and towels
• Fully equipped kitchen (Siemens-baking oven, refridgerator, ceramic hob)
• TV: 55" Samsung-SMART-TV include WIFI
• Grundig-Stereo (Space-Fidelity)
• Siemens washingmaschine
• Small extra-balkony with lots of sun to hang your laundry
• Swimming pool at the "Podium". Pool supervisor included. (Attention: fee-based service).
• Gym include Aerobic, Yoga, Sauna-Steam, Badminton (Attention: fee-based service).
• Sauna (fee-based service)
• 3 different kind of massage-parlors in the building
• Barber-shop in the building
• Multiple roof-garden at the 5.th floor, called "Podium", with a magnificent view to the city, jogging-track, dry-cleaning and coin-washingmashines and -dryers.
• Tennis-courts (also at the "Podium")
• Two banks in the building
• Convenience-store (24 h) at the basement
• Secure key card access
• 24 hour security
• Many restaurants in the building incl. affordable foodcourt (basement)
• Located near good riverfront restaurants
• Mass Transit: BRT Station (Wat DAN) in front of the building (around 0,30 US$)
• Less than 30 minutes to both major business areas in Bangkok: Silom Road, Sukhumvit Road or Siam Square by car or taxi (taxi-fee around 3,-- US$). Most of the populare shopping-centers are there. But there is also a small one within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance.
• Around 40 Min. by taxi from the airport at cost of around 11,-- US$ (incl. Expressway)
• Easy acces to the nearby expressways
• Building name: SV City Condo, Tower 3, Rama 3 Road (multiprojekt with offices, apartments and a hotel)
1. I will arrive after midnight - is it possible to check-in?
No problem, check-in and check-out is possible 24 h.
2. My flight is late in the night - is a late check-out possible without extra fee?
Generally all our guests can stay until 4 p.m. without any extra charge. Even a later check-out is possible - given the fact, that we do not have a booking the next day.
3. Are there towels in the flat?
Yes, we do provide enough towels for you and your party.
4. Does "Rama Gym" provide towels?
5. Is there toilet paper at the flat?
6. Is there a hot water pot in the flat?
7. Is there a toaster in the flat?
8. Is there washing detergent for clothes in the flat?
Yes. But you have many possibilities to buy at shops in and around our project.
9. What type of electrical sockets are there?
Don´t worry, we do provide adapters for our very international guests!
10. How far away is your apartment from the city centre?
Bangkok doesn’ t have such a clear centre like most other cities…. The main shopping areas are in Silom- and Sukhumvit Road plus Siam-Square. Another hot spot is China Town and Grand Palace/Khao San Road area.
All this destinations are within a 30 min. ride by taxi at a cost of around 100 Baht/3 USD. Khao San Road could be up to 1 hour - depending on the traffic situation.
So if you would like to stay at one of the mentioned locations, you better book there. If you just like to visit them, stay with us :-)
Keep in mind: Due to the traffic jam situation in Bangkok, the locals never tell you a distance in km but how long it will take you to get there! So if you stay in one of the mentioned locations, it could happen, that it takes you much longer to visit the other than from our place, as we do have a good transportation network (and less traffic jams.....).
Άλλα στοιχεία προς σημείωση
1. In February 2015 we installed an airconditioner in the livingroom too (it is operating quite silent)
2. "Rama III Club":
Gym, Aerobic, Yoga, Sauna-Steam, Badminton, Squash, Swimming-Pool, Tennis*, etc.
Service is daily from 6.00 am to 09.00 pm.
*fee-based service & booking required!
1. Please take off your shoes when entering the apartment!
2. Smoking inside the apartment and balcony is strictly forbidden! If you believe you can´t survive without a cigarette, do it outside at the small laundry-balcony... only!
3. Lost key fee: 1000 Baht for each lost key card, and 1000 baht for lost keys.
4. Save the planet: Please turn off the aircondition when you are not using it! Close the windows and doors when using it!
5. When leaving the apartment, please close the window in the masterbedroom and the sliding-door at the laundry-balcony to avoid rain on the woodparkett! Keep in mind that this is a tropical country and heavy, heavy rain can occure without any warning in advance!
6. If you stay longer than 3 days, please give water to the plants (at least 5 litre 2 times a week to the big one at the balcony-corner). Little water for the two inside the flat.
7. Do not allow the pigeons to stay at one of the two balconies or balustrades and do not feed them at all!
8. Have fun, have parties, but don't mess up the place!
9. Please double-check, that you take all your belongings with you before checking-out - and leave our belongings in the apartment!