Close to Integratron, Pappy & Harriets in Pioneertown, Joshua Tree National Park, Ranch du Soleil -- a 1950's classic homestead cabin on 2 1/2 acres in the Mojave Desert -- keeps you comfortable while providing solitude, endless vistas, wildlife and starry nite skies. It has earthed (grounded) flooring inside, cots for sleeping outside under the stars, wood burning stove, quasi dog agility course and an outdoor/barbecue firepit. Perfect for couples, solo adventurers, and furry friends (dogs).
- Definitely a zen-space; the entire house (except for the bathroom) are earthed or grounded. Want more information, read the book on Earthing that we have left on the coffee table.
- All of the cleaning products used are natural, not chemical. We provide our own organic Catalina Island Roast Coffee for you to drink and use. Yes, I roast the coffee on Catalina Island!
- The homestead cabin itself has two tiny bedrooms, two entrances, a large full bathroom, full kitchen, dining area inside and outside, outside patio and a full 2 1/2 acres of parking.
- In the main bedroom you will find a ceiling fan, queen-size bed with a memory-foam pad, firm pillows, a nightstand, antique dresser with lamp, a clothes rack, and basket for shoes and such.
- The second room has a full-size futon couch/bed, small desk with office chair, small table with lamp. yoga mat, yoga ball and file cabinet with linux computer.
- The full kitchen/dining living space has a full-size leather sofa bed, leather chair, oak chair, bean bag chair, wood burning stove, wall heater, electric oil radiator, ceiling fan, flat screen TV, A/C unit, evap cooler, chest full of games (indoor and outdoor), bookshelves with reading material, butcher block dining table with four chairs, side by side fridge, stove/oven. microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal, dishes and silverware, pots and pans, pantry essentials, coffee makers, blenders, food processer, electric kettle, coffee grinder, electric skillet, and toaster.
The rustic travertine shower/tub has a tile floor and is the only room in the house that is NOT grounded or earthed. Towels, soap and some shampoo provided. There is even a stack washer dryer.
- The windows filter in diffused light in every room. The entire cabin is open and airy.
As a guest you have full access to the ranch cabin and entire yard of 2 1/2 acres is available to you; park anywhere. There is also an outside private area with a grill and wood burning fireplace. The storage pods and two garages are off-limits.
Please respect that I and my husband do live here and there may be personal clothing items and/or toiletry essentials that we have placed in our cabin. Please do not use those items; if in doubt, call or text me at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
Αλληλεπίδραση με τους επισκέπτες
I love meeting guests!! I love the Mojave Desert and surrounding communities!! But lately it seems I am obligated to travel more than I would like. So while it's not always possible to know your arrival times to allow me to meet with you, I will email you the codes (changed after every guest) to open the lock boxes with a key inside for the gate as well as another one with the front door key. I am always available to contact with questions via phone call, text message and Facetime. If requested and it works with my schedule, I am available to greet you and show you around the cabin and the surrounding areas.
Άλλα στοιχεία προς σημείωση
Suggestion: En route to Ranch Du Soleil, you may want to stop at Stater Bros on Hwy 62 (29 Palms Hwy) in Yucca Valley to pick up groceries and firewood. Anything you may need is at the Super Walmart in Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree.
Note: In winter it can be freezing, even snow falls here although it doesn't stick. In summer it can be quite hot...dress accordingly for the season.
*Special Note: By paying for accommodation in Ranch du Soleil, Landers Homestead Cabin Retreat you agree to the Short Term Rental Agreement found in the House Rules.
Welcome to Ranch Du Soleil, we truly hope you enjoy the serenity of your surroundings while here. Now on to the legal details. ;-)
By requesting and paying for accommodation at Ranch du Soleil Landers Homestead Retreat you agree to the following terms under this Short Term Home Rental Agreement:
• You are staying in our "home" and as such we would appreciate that you leave it in a similar condition as you received it in.
• Check-in is after 3PM.
• Check-out time is noon. Guests overstaying maybe charged for an additional night.
WHEN CHECKING OUT:
• CLEAN AND PUT AWAY ALL DISHES; PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE DIRTY DISHES IN THE SINK AS IT ATTRACTS VERMIN
• PLACE KITCHEN and BATHROOM TRASH IN OUTSIDE TRASH CANS.
•TURN OFF ALL HEATING AND COOLING UNITS and thermostats. UNPLUG ANY HEATERS. From October through March, please leave the oil-filled radiator on the number 1 setting so that the pipes do not freeze.
• STRIP ALL BEDS USED AND LEAVE THE (SHEETS) LINENS BESIDE THE WASHER
• PLACE ALL USED BATHROOM AND KITCHEN TOWELS IN WASHER
• CLOSE AND LOCK ALL WINDOWS SO "RED DOT" DOES NOT SHOW.
• DEADBOLT BOTH DOORS
• RETURN KEYS TO LOCK BOXES
• MAKE SURE GATE IS PROPERLY LOCKED
NON-COMPLIANCE TO ANY OF THESE TERMS MAY RESULT IN A FORFEIT OF YOUR SECURITY FEE.
• OCCUPANCY - This is a small 1950’s homestead cabin that can cozily accommodate four to six adults and six people is the maximum overnight occupancy. Any guests or visitors above the number the booking was made for must be announced beforehand, even if they're "not staying over!" Thank you!
• FURNISHINGS – Furniture, bedding, mattress pads, books, utensils or any other property supplied with the rental property must not be taken. Thanks!
• AMENITIES – Extra bed linens (stored in black leatherette ottoman), bath towels, and some basic toiletries are provided with the room but are not changed during your stay. We have a first aid kit in the bathroom cabinet.
• WASTE – We try hard to not create more garbage for the desert landfill than necessary. We encourage our guests to use our compost bucket (currently MIA, ;-( ) for food-scraps and NOT throw food in the Garbage Disposal. We also highly praise our guests who recycle (We have a special bin just for recycling bottles and plastic)!
• SEPTIC SYSTEM – Our system is fragile! Please human biological waste and heavily soiled toilet paper allowed in toilet; do not flush bulky material such as tampons, cotton balls or a lot of paper down the toilet. All other waste goes into trash can provided. Please be aware there will be a $150 claim charge against security fee for clogging up toilet. USE ONLY BIODEGRADABLE NON-TOXIC LAUNDRY SOAP (LIKE ECOS), NO BLEACH OR CHEMICALS. Thank you for understanding!
• WOOD-BURNING STOVE – The wood-burning stove is available only for guests who are able to watch over the fire the whole time it is burning until it is thoroughly extinguished before leaving the area or retiring for the night. Firewood may be purchased at most local stores and gas stations, we suggest using fire starters or presto logs before adding pine.
• OUTSIDE FIREPIT – ANY FIRES OUT DOORS MUST BE IN THE FIRE PIT, PLEASE NO FIRES IN TRASH CANS OR ON THE GROUND. Make sure to use the cover screen when burning an outdoor fire in the firepit. Sparks fly when the wind blows and brush fires are a real risk here, so douse the pit with water if in doubt when you are finished.
• SMOKING - No smoking or vaping is allowed inside the cabin. Guests are welcome to smoke (420 compliant) or vape outside, but it's your responsibility to manage cigarette butt disposal. EXTINGUISH ALL SMOKING MATERIAL IN ASHTRAYS OR BUTT CANS.
• PETS – Well behaved dog(s) are welcome provided the Guest will take full responsibility for proper waste disposal and any property damage that
may occur. Although we are dog-friendly, please keep your dog(s) off the bed and couches. Please pick up your dog waste and place it in the outside trash. TIP: I use foil on the furniture to keep dog(s) off when I go to bed and there is an aluminum shovel by the igloo doghouse. Please note: We do NOT accept cats or other kinds of pets in our cabin. PLEASE KEEP THE GATE CLOSED AT ALL TIMES when you are on the property or you leave to go sightseeing.
• KEYS – Please replace the key(s) in the appropriate lockbox room before checking out. If key(s) is lost there is a $10 replacement fee each.
• Owner reserves the right to enter premises at any time to check on safety of tenants and cabin.
• ACTS OF GOD – Owner shall not be liable and cannot offer a refund for events beyond their control which may interfere with Guest(s) occupancy, including but not limited to Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, or inclement weather.
• INDEMNIFICATION and HOLD HARMLESS – Guest(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest(s) use and occupancy of the rental property including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest(s).
• No firearms or firearm cleaning in cabin. No discharging of firearms on property and this includes pellet or BB guns.
• No off-road vehicles or repairs of said vehicles inside cabin. No riding of off-road vehicles inside fenced property area of Ranch du Soleil.
• Any film or photo related bookings need explicit permission prior to putting in a reservation request. Regardless of the particular budget, we have to charge additional fees due to the nature of these bookings and our prior experiences. Thank you for complying.
• IF you have children and would like to bring them along, please message me to discuss a variance. We are not toddler safe nor do we have accommodations for infants.
NON-COMPLIANCE TO ANY OF THESE TERMS MAY RESULT IN A FORFEIT OF YOUR SECURITY FEE.
Beachie mountain girl who enjoys the solitude that both Big Bear National Forest and the Mojave Desert offers. I roast my own coffee -- Catalina Island Roast Coffee sold throughon Amazon -- and am a freelance writer currently working on a travelogue about my experiences in Europe and here in the good ol' USA. I love meeting new people from all walks of life and culture. Most of the time, I am accompanied on my travels by husband Dave and our Airedale/Poodle #Buckley. For more information see Tripadvisor listing Ranch du Soleil, Homestead Cabin Retreat: Joshua Tree, Landers, Johnson Valley