Happy Ours is close to the beach and Sound, restaurants, coffee shop & local bars. You’ll love the coziness. Our place is good for couples, solo adventurers, or business travelers. Queen sized bed in roomy bedroom, love seat & bistro table for two in living/kitchen combo. Full size stack Whirlpool washer/dryer, 24" TV with Roku. Outside shower, fish cleaning table & hose. Cooler, beach chairs & boogie boards available for use. No smoking allowed on property, no guests (sleeps 2 only).
Relax in the heart of Avon, historically called Kinnakeet. Avon is centrally located for all of the best spots to fish, drive on the beach, swim, sun bathe, surf, paddleboard, walk, hike, and bike. Just a short drive to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse in Buxton and Southern beaches. Most everything in Avon is within walking or biking distance. We're located on the Sound side of the Island, around the corner from the Harbor (great sunsets from there!).
Guests have access to whole apartment, private porch, outside shower and fish cleaning table. New construction apartment includes:
- Main living/kitchen/dining area
- Full kitchen, stove, refrigerator, coffee pot, toaster, cabinets (pots, pans, measuring cup, etc. and some spices are in cabinets)
- Storage closet with collapsible cooler, spare linens, beach towels, extra blanket, iron and ironing board
- Bathroom with shower stall, hair dryer, plenty of towels provided
- 24" flat screen TV with Roku in living room
- Wireless internet
- Room-darkening curtains in bedroom
- Beach chairs, umbrella, charcoal grill, and boogie boards provided for guest use
Αλληλεπίδραση με τους επισκέπτες
We're available if you have any questions! Call or text us at any time during your stay, and message or email for any info before your arrival.
Άλλα στοιχεία προς σημείωση
Happy Ours in directly below our year-round residence, so you may hear/see us during your stay. Please note, there are a good amount of restaurants on the Island, but almost everywhere closes up by 9:00 pm for dinner. Feel free to use the hose to wash sand/salt off your car if needed.
- Please use outside shower, not indoor shower, to rinse off if you are sandy.
- Absolutely no smoking and no pets on or near property (we have an asthmatic child). Thank you!
- Feel free to use hose to rinse off your car if you need to!
We are a happy family of 4, living in the paradise of Hatteras Island! We like to travel, visit the beach and the pool, walk, hike, ride bikes and spend time together as a family. We'd love to have you come down and experience Island life.
Amanda is originally from NJ, and moved to Hatteras Island in the mid '90s. Jamie is a native of Avon, and lived in Boulder, CO for several years. We have been together for over 16 years. We have traveled all over the US, and are looking forward to more adventures together!