Πώς να φιλοξενήσετε επισκέπτες με ανάγκες προσβασιμότητας
Hosting a guest with an accessibility need is like hosting any other guest. Just as you might accommodate a guest by storing their luggage before check-in, there are small ways to make your listing more comfortable. What makes a listing accessible varies depending on the guest, so the most important thing is to provide clear and accurate information about your listing and make sure to communicate with your guests.
Here are some guidelines for creating a welcoming experience for guests:
- Engage with them if they have questions about your listing. Answering just a few questions can make a big difference.
- Be willing to accommodate reasonable requests, like moving lightweight furniture or making other small changes if needed. Creating a safe space to navigate comfortably helps immensely.
- Your hosting skills help set the tone for a great experience, so be your friendly self.
- Be ready to host service animals, which aren’t considered pets. Service animal owners can’t be charged a pet fee. Learn more about pets and related cleaning fees.
You’re not expected to:
- Make assumptions about a guest’s needs or requirements and/or make a determination if your space works for them. Communicate with them to see what they need.
- Make renovations to your listing—each space is unique and different, and capturing that information accurately is what’s most important.
- Make changes that you’re unable to do safely or reasonably, such as moving heavy furniture. We understand that Hosts can have their own physical limitations that may prevent them from safely making some changes, so communicate with your guests if you’re unable to meet their needs.
Not all places will work for all guests, whether or not they have accessibility needs. By setting expectations, making sure your listing is accurate, and being accommodating for reasonable requests, you optimize the number of guests who can stay at your listing.
Making your space more comfortable
Before making a reservation, a guest may ask you to do a few things to make your space more suitable for them.
Most requests can be taken care of in less than 10 minutes, and can be added to your regular routine for welcoming guests.
Examples of reasonable requests include:
- Placing household items in an agreed-upon spot prior to check-in (ex: placing dishes on a low counter so a guest can reach them easily).
- Repositioning lightweight furniture, such as moving a chair or table to create a wider path, or making sure outlets are accessible.
Use your best judgment when deciding if a request is reasonable, but remember: You can’t decline a reservation simply because the guest has a disability. This doesn’t align with Airbnb’s Nondiscrimination Policy, which supports our commitment to finding safe and accessible spaces around the world for our guests.
- ΟικοδεσπότηςΤο Πρόγραμμα Εγγυημένων ΕσόδωνΗ Airbnb προσφέρει στους νέους οικοδεσπότες σε επιλεγμένες περιοχές εγγυημένα έσοδα, εάν φιλοξενήσουν επισκέπτες για περισσότερες από 10 δια…
- ΟικοδεσπότηςΠώς να προσθέσετε χαρακτηριστικά προσβασιμότητας στις καταχωρήσειςΟι επισκέπτες με ανάγκες προσβασιμότητας μπορούν να αναζητήσουν καταχωρήσεις με βάση τις προσωπικές απαιτήσεις τους.
- ΟικοδεσπότηςΓιατί πρέπει να επαληθεύσω τις παροχές μου;Οι επισκέπτες είναι πιο πιθανό να κάνουν κράτηση σε έναν χώρο διαμονής όταν τα στοιχεία της καταχώρησης είναι ακριβή και ανταποκρίνονται σε …